The survey uses the concept of “Taga”, which in Japanese is used to describe various limitations to a person’s thinking. Below are examples of how they manifest:
- Market and Customer Based Constrains (WHO)
- Product and services Based Constraints (WHAT)
- Activity Based Constraints (HOW)
- Interpersonal and/or Intrapersonal Constraints (RELATION and SELF)
- Goal and Objective Based Constraints (RESULT)
“Taga” – A constrain/block in thinking, usually caused by an adherence to organizational paradigms or conventions. Tagas make people in organizations react (decide/act) unconsciously (and/or automatically), based on thoughts of what is/is not possible from their current circumstances; thus blocking new and/or untried initiatives, actions, and thoughts.
This survey analyzes the distribution of the five Taga aspects above. The higher the score is, the weaker the force of the restraining forces is.